Yep…today is the day I enjoy a whole lotta extra carbs. And I’ve been relying too much on sweet potatos lately so I’m looking forward to enjoying the wild and brown rice in this dish. On higher carb days the fat allowance goes way down, so I tend to stick with lower-fat proteins like chicken, fish and shrimp. This recipe goes well with all the above, and beef too. If it’s a low carb, higher fat day I’ll omit the rice and have a side of asparagus.
- .5 cups of wild and brown rice mix
- 6 ounces of cooked shrimp
- 1 cup of chopped vegetables of your choice. (I go with whatever’s on hand. Today it’s zuccini and green onions)
- 1 tbsp of garlic chili sauce. Look for one with no sugar added.
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 packet of stevia
Cook rice according to directions.
Heat all other ingredients together in a sauce pan for about 5 minutes. Layer on top of rice in a bowl. If you’re not prepping for a competition and are feeling really frisky, go ahead and all some low-sodium soy sauce to this bad boy!